Cleaning is an important task that should be done on a regular basis because it helps you create a healthy, comfortable and positive home environment. However, not all people have enough time to dedicate to cleaning, which leads to clutter and mess.
Of course, you can always call the best home cleaning service in Albany, NY to the rescue and let experienced cleaners help you out with your chores. However, you still need to decide how often you should book with a cleaning company and how you can take care of some of your chores on your own.
Why is cleaning important?
Postponing cleaning will not only lead to your chores piling up week after week, but also affect the hygiene and health conditions in your living environment. Even if you think that cleaning is the most boring and tiring task ever, you should still try to clean as often as possible.
Neglecting the hygiene in your home can lead to serious problems, causing allergic reactions in your family members or lowering the indoor air quality in your house. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, indoor air pollution is a serious issue that can have both immediate and long-term effects on your health.
How often should your home be cleaned?
When it comes to how often you need to clean, it all depends on which areas, items or rooms need cleaning.
- Every day: Dishes, coffeemaker, kitchen counters and tables, laundry, bathroom surfaces, and sinks should be cleaned or washed daily. You should also make your bed every morning.
- Once a week: Microwave, bed linens, bathtub, toilet, bathroom surfaces, computer mouse and keyboard, toaster, kitchen appliances, mirrors, and floors should be cleaned, swiped or scrubbed weekly.
- Once a month: Window blinds, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, washing machine, lighting fixtures, vents, and woodwork should be dusted or cleaned monthly.
- Once every three to six months: Refrigerator, kitchen range hood, shower curtain, areas under and behind furniture, outdoor surfaces, and furniture, freezer, inside of the oven, mattresses, pillows, and comforters, garbage disposal and drains should be cleaned, washed or vacuumed every three to six months.
- Once a year: Fireplace and chimney cleaning, deep carpet and upholstery cleaning, deep window cleaning, deep drape and curtain cleaning and gutter cleaning should be done on a yearly basis.
How long should it take to clean a house?
If you’re on a tight schedule, you might want to plan ahead and consider how long it will take you to clean your home. Of course, this will depend on which cleaning tasks you intend to tackle and whether you’ll have any help.
For a spotless home, you’ll need to roll up your sleeves and complete both major and minor cleaning chores. Cleaning a smaller house or apartment won’t take you more than two or three hours while cleaning a spacious home will require significantly more time, especially if you’re detail oriented.
Hiring a cleaning crew will give you more time to relax, visit the New York State Museum and spend time with your family. Depending on the size of your home, number of cleaners and desired services, professional cleaners can spend two to five hours cleaning your home to perfection. If you’re wondering which rooms your cleaning experts will clean, you can always ask them to meet your requests if possible.
What is the fastest way to clean a dirty house?
There’s nothing worse than coming to a messy, cluttered home and having to clean it. With all that mess, you don’t know where or how to start. This is even more exhausting if you need to clean your living space as fast as possible because you don’t have enough free time or you’re expecting guests.
Luckily, there are more than a few ways to clean your house quickly and still have time to enjoy the charms of Albany. Of course, you can always leave this chore to experienced and passionate cleaners and indulge yourself instead. However, if you simply have to tidy up, here are some of the cleaning approaches you can try:
- Clean from the top. Cleaning top down is the easiest way to deal with clutter, dirt and dust. If anything falls down, you can easily clean it up later on.
- Tidy up and remove clutter. Removing visual clutter and tidying up some areas in your home will immediately make your space look cleaner and more organised. This will keep you motivated and make your cleaning task much easier.
- Clean room by room. If you clean one room at a time, you’ll be more efficient, which will make cleaning your home faster. Once you’re done with one room, you can just move on to the next one instead of not knowing which way to turn.
- Tackle the visible mess. If you’re expecting guests, you don’t have to clean your entire home. You can just deal with the cluttered and dirty areas that you’re guests will be able to notice, including the living room, kitchen, hallway and possibly an outdoor area.
How do I clean my house in one day?
If you’ve decided to spend an entire day cleaning your home and getting everything in order, you should plan how to do it. Although this might be a bit tiring and you can get discouraged after a while, you can get through it with the right approach.
- Create a checklist. Listing all the cleaning tasks you need to complete will keep you more efficient and organised. Make sure to prioritize and tackle the most urgent issues first.
- Gather your supplies. You don’t want to be in the middle of cleaning only to realize that you need to go to a store because you ran out of cleaning products. Stock on cleaning supplies before you start.
- Declutter. You should remove all the unnecessary or broken items from your home. Go through each room and sort out your belongings, putting aside items that you want to get rid of.
- Clean one room at a time. Once again, this is the most efficient approach to cleaning your home, especially if you want to clean your entire house. This will make this task seem less overwhelming and help you stay focused.
What’s the best cleaning company in Albany, NY? Onyx Clean is here for you!
Onyx Clean is here to make your everyday life easier and your home perfectly clean. Our cleaning superstars can provide you with outstanding Albany, NY home cleaning service that will leave you speechless and your home spotless.
Whether you need basic or deep cleaning or you ever need help with move in/out cleaning, feel free to let us know and we’ll be there before you know it. Let’s get your home happy and clean today!